nrgburst: (beth iconic)
[personal profile] nrgburst
Last chapter of An Exchange of Kings is up. :)



Fandom: The Queen’s Gambit (TV)
Characters: Beth Harmon/Benny Watts, Jolene
Rating/Warnings: M, no archive warnings
Word Count: 7080
Tags: Period-typical racism, background Mike/Jolene, Christmas fluff
Summary: Forever is the sweetest con

Or you can read from the beginning here

Date: 2021-03-10 12:19 pm (UTC)
rhoda_rants: Bearded man reading book with magnifying glass (reading)
From: [personal profile] rhoda_rants
OH! I'm caught up on this series now!! Adding to the queue right now!

Date: 2021-03-10 03:57 pm (UTC)
rhoda_rants: Bearded man reading book with magnifying glass (reading)
From: [personal profile] rhoda_rants
I saw that too--will definitely check it out!

Date: 2021-03-10 11:57 pm (UTC)
rhoda_rants: Black and white photo of Ville Valo smoking cigarette (him)
From: [personal profile] rhoda_rants
I liked it *a lot*. And I liked Benny a lot, too. Soon as he showed up I was like, "Okay, this is the one [personal profile] nrgburst was talking about, and I think I ship it too."

What I was noticing--and I mentioned this to my dad too, because he watched it before me and was also waiting for me to catch up--is how HAPPY everyone is to see her win. I'd never seen that in a competition-based series or show before, especially not when the main character is a woman. No one begrudges her her success. Even her nemesis, the Russian, shakes her hand and is like, "Good job, kid," at the end. It was so nice!

Was not prepared for the addiction angle though, kinda wish I'd been more aware of that going in. Still! Loved it.

Date: 2021-03-11 05:05 pm (UTC)
rhoda_rants: Comic book drawing of Rogue with gloves off, reaching for viewer (Default)
From: [personal profile] rhoda_rants

Yeah, the Magical Black Friend was a bit....yeah. Not a good look. Most of it really impressed me though.

I'm sure you did, but honestly when I'm not sure whether I'm going to watch a thing or not, I skim over plot summaries. I'm mainly complaining about the vagueness of the content warnings on Netflix, and how hard they are to find. I did appreciate the lack of sexual exploitation a lot though. I kept waiting for that shoe to drop, and it never did, which was really nice.


Profile

nrgburst: (Default)
nrgburst

July 2025

S M T W T F S
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930 31  

Most Popular Tags

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 18th, 2026 01:25 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios